Monday, July 11, 2011

Michael turns 5!!

Its hard to believe that he is already 5 and ready for Kindergarten. Michael is so excited for school to start and ride the bus with Ryanne and Max.  I just don't know that I am ready for it.
I love this picture. This was Zacharys bike for Christmas 2007 when Michael as 1 1/2 years.  It was so fun to watch him always crawl onto it. Then one day his little feet touched the pedals. And my baby wasn't a baby.  This year Michael's birthday was the day after a terrible dust storm so we couldn't go swimming. We DID have a great time together as a family though.  We gave him his own pair of swimming shorts and a kick board to help him learn to swim, which he got to use 2 days later.  He is doing amazing. He is jumping off the diving board, doing his pencil dives and swimming all over the place.  It's so fun to watch his excitement about swimming all by himself.  Michael motto for his birthday was "It's by birthday and I can act like I want to".  His exact words.  Well that didn't go over completely well and the birthday boy had to have a little calm down time in his room. I thought it was funny though, when he wasn't looking of course. One of the things he loves to do this summer is to wear his swim goggles as sun glasses when we go outside. We love you Michael. What a blessing you are in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment